Friday, February 3, 2012

February 3, 2012

Sculpted snow on bird bath
& stump in background

Wednesday wasn't so bad, still floating.  However on Thursday the melancholia of worn off drugs set in.  Plus my swollen cheek looked like some old man's jowl.  I am developing my own set so I certainly do not need any help in that area.  JB had to go Down There for an annual doctor's appointment, so after chores I forced myself outside for a walk up to the peak.  Was a sunny day with a few clouds and the walk helped perk up my attitude.

I had vacuumed and generally cleaned house on Monday so I wouldn't have to worry about any of that for the rest of the week.  Thank you, Self.  JB had managed to get the snow blower running, having cleaned off the spark plug for the umpteenth time.  Also got another spare axle ordered for MAX.

We think that every deer in the area came up to Rose Camp Sunday night and into early Monday morning for some sort of get-together.  The dogs woke us up twice during the night with their barking, which is very unusual.  Monday morning there were deer tracks everywhere!

Finally finished the fourth book George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones series.  Will now get into the three Sue Grafton books that JB gave me for Christmas, if I can manage to drag my mind out of the Seven Kingdoms.

Thought for the day:   Always read the stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.  P. J. O'Rourke

No comments:

Post a Comment