Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 26, 2012


Bathroom window

The rest of the bathroom




















Our bathroom is looking great!  I decided to paint the window frame instead of just finishing the wood.  So it is all painted, as well as the "hall" wall between the bathroom and bedroom.  For that wall and the bottom of the window frame, which sticks out over the wall underneath, I chose a peach color.  The bathroom walls are a sage.  Am very pleased with the results, and so glad Elsie got me going on this project!

Unfortunately now that rooms are becoming finished, the dust and dust bunnies are beginning to look really out of place.  I vacuumed and dusted on Thursday and am sure I will be doing a lot more house cleaning than I have been for the past four years.  Oh goodie. . .  I also moved a lot of my little knick-knacks out of the great room as I am realizing that they make it seem cluttered.  I got rid of so much stuff before we moved Up Here, but I still have a lot of little things that are very meaningful to me.  I have decided that the shelves on our bedroom wall will be my personal clutter.  Really doesn't look so bad, and every item has a special meaning.

Weather and temperature this past week have been great for working outdoors.  JB mowed the paths up and around the south ridge and I pulled out a lot of bushes.  Am starting with those nearest the house and working up into the south slope.  The last two Springs were very wet so the underbrush got very thick.  I want to get rid of that fire hazard.  JB also built the gate for the garden.  It has been fairly windy, especially on Wednesday which is the day I stayed in and painted.  Yesterday JB worked on his cover for the shop generator, and now plans to build a frame for our mulch pile.  Read a great article about putting cardboard in the mulch, so will try that.  Actually, in pulling out the bushes I have located several areas with wonderful, natural mulch at least a foot deep.  Will probably put that on the potatoes once they start growing.

JB took the tiller and painting tools that they had loaned us back to Larry and Elsie last Monday.  Larry said that one of their chickens had learned to escape the fence around the chicken tractor but always came back in for the night.  He hopes they have successfully thwarted it's efforts to get out.  While they were talking, JB saw what he thought was a large hawk fly over but Larry told him it was a turkey!  Never have seen them fly except up into a tree.

I read a new Jim Butcher book, Changes, that JB had given me for my birthday.  Excellent, as always.  Couldn't put it down, and now I have to go buy the next one because of the way this one ended!

JB and I are going Down There today to check out the Farmer's Market, pick up our winter coats and overalls from the laundry and do a little shopping.  Will also check out the boots I ordered to see if they fit.  I will probably have to go Down There again next week for jury duty.  I have to call on Tuesday to see when.  Can't wait. . . 

Thought for the day:  Home should be an oratorio of the memory.  Henry Ward Beecher.

No comments:

Post a Comment