Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2, 2012

Coyote caught on the game cam
Monday morning

It's been a very windy couple of days.  Monday there were scattered clouds racing across the sky all day.  A couple of them dropped rain and hail on us as they passed by.  Yesterday there were fewer clouds, but neither day broke 50 degrees.  A bit chilly with the wind, but still good for working outside.

We both worked on the garden site Monday, pulling the last of the bushes and roots, and piling up the rocks.  JB spent Tuesday taking the last of the pile to the chipping area, and staking out his garden area.  It will be about 16' by 32', although we have cleared a much larger area.  The ground gets very rocky the closer you get to the edge of the ridge.  Larry and Elsie have offered their tiller for us to use once we are ready.

Tuesday was coffee day for me, so I had a lot of energy to do things I really don't enjoy.  First I polished my boots.  Then I spent the whole afternoon priming the bathroom and the little hall wall.  Something I really do not like to do.  It takes so long with all the preparation and clean up, but it does look good when it's all done.  Now I can hardly wait to get it painted.  Any time you're ready Elsie!

Wow!  It's May!  And a busy month this is going to be.  The end of next week I am going to help Elsie in their shop as Larry is going fishing on the coast.  Then there's my birthday.  And then I get to report for jury duty on the 29th.  We also would like to get the tongue-in-groove pine up in the great room.  May have to take June off just to rest. . .

Speaking of coffee, I have found that since I went gluten free I seem to be less tolerant of caffeine.  Or maybe it's just a coincidence, except that I don't believe in them.  So, anyway, I only have coffee about twice a week now.

My brother, RJ, is up at his cabin for the first time this year.  He got up on Monday and will be coming for breakfast with us this morning.  Am looking forward to seeing him.

We noticed a new bird Up Here this year, or at least one we have not seen before.  JB identified it as a warbler.  Very pretty with its yellow cap, throat and wings. 

Thought for the day:  Jury: twelve persons chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.  Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment