Monday, April 30, 2012

April 30, 2012

Western Spring Beauty

Alpine Shooting Star


Dwarf Waterleaf














So many wild flowers blooming now, creating a colorful carpet on the forest floor.  This has happened just in the past day or two.  Oh, how I love Spring!  (The correct name for the specific trillium whose photo I posted on 4/27 is Western Wake Robin.)

Woke up so sore yesterday morning from all the garden clearing and driving.  Swore I wouldn't do any more for at least a week!  And took some ibuprofen.  I did the final sanding on the mudding of the bathroom walls that Elsie had done, and had JB pull out the washer and dryer so I could do the mudding necessary on that wall.  By the time I was done, the ibuprofen had kicked in so naturally I went out to help JB who was pulling roots out of the garden area.  We finished getting out most of the roots and bushes.  Just a couple more to go.  JB made several trips with MAX and the trailer to the chipping pile.  Was another cool day - 52 with scattered clouds.  Just right for working outside.

When I called Jesse to go on our walk, he came running from near the outhouse where he had been laying, which was an odd place for him.  Dinga sniffed his mouth and ran over to where he had been.  I went over and saw a deer leg that he must have found.  Stripped clean of meat, but must have been a recent kill.  It was very small, so may have been taken down by the coyotes.  Or maybe a cat.

Thought for the day: The average American consumes approximately 11.7 pounds of chocolate per year.  (And I am sure that I have made up for those who are below average.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment