Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 22, 2012


The view from my swing.


Snow is gone from the yard and
the grass is greening.















Saturday was the most glorious day!  Perhaps our best Spring day in two years.  All I can remember from the last two is wet.  But yesterday was amazing.  I cleared a few more bushes from JB's garden site early, before the sun hit there.  Then the dogs and I went for their morning walk.  When we got to the north ridge I could see that one of our weekender friends, Dave and Kay, were up.  So the dogs and I hopped in my Jeep and we drove over for a short visit.  JB had made another loaf of dilly bread for me to have while he was gone, so I took a few slices for them.   I was amazed that the road had cleared up so much in just the few days since we were down it.

When we got back to Rose Camp, I had lunch and thought about all the work I could get done that day.  However, my inner child just wanted to sit out in the sun.  My child won.

Elsie came up on her ATV about 5:30 to start taping and mudding the bathroom.  Dave had wanted to see her technique so I gave him a call to let him know she had arrived.  She did a wonderful job and will be back Up Here today to sand and put on another layer.  Then she will come back up tomorrow to finish.  What a great friend!!

Larry drove up on his ATV later, so we all had a nice evening visit til they all left around 8:00 pm.  It was just getting dark and was still warm enough for only a light jacket.  The high had been 55, but I am sure it was much warmer than that out in the sun. 

As I sat down this morning to write, I saw our first robin in a tree near the deck.  And yesterday I saw our first blooming wildflower, a Spring Beauty.  Oh, how I love Spring!
Thought for the day:  Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.  Victor Borge


No comments:

Post a Comment