Friday, April 6, 2012

April 6, 2012


Time to pump out the water!


Rain shower to the NW of us
on Thursday





















What a grey day it was for most of yesterday.  Typically Seattle.  So what was it doing over on this side of the mountains?!  I think Mother Nature is having some serious directional problems.  The older I get, the more sunny days I need.  We had dark clouds, but all the precipitation went to the north and south of us.  It was a good excuse to bake cookies, sort some of my recipes and finish reading magazines that JB brought up on Tuesday.  We did have a few sun breaks in the afternoon and both of us scooted outside.  JB gathered lumber to build a small shelter for his shop generator.  I cleaned up more branches and cut up the larger ones.  Feels so good to be outside working.  Will be hard to keep me inside now.

We pumped out water from under the house on Wednesday and broke our record - took us only one hour from set up to clean up.  And that included me bringing in fire wood from the porch while JB began his set up.  Didn't need to pump yesterday, but we will today.

Dinga has quite a relationship with the local ravens.  They will fly over making their gronking and other odd noises, and Dinga will bark at them.  They often perch on the top of the trees and "talk" to her.  She watches them closely and will often follow aways when they fly off.  Jesse will watch them sometimes, but pretty much ignores them.

The last couple times JB has gone Down There he has bought some Nature's Path frozen GF waffles.  We have tried the buckwheat and home style, both of which are excellent.  Much better than any Eggo I've ever had.

There is markedly less snow each day now, and we are seeing little green sprouts along the pathways.  Wild flower blooms can't be far away.  Well, I wrote those two sentences late yesterday afternoon.  As I went downstairs and looked out the window to the north, I thought there was a huge fog bank in the valley or maybe it was raining there.  Just as it looked like we were going to get wet too, the temperature dropped to 28 and it started snowing.  Sticking everywhere.  Just when I was about to go looking for wild flowers. . . 
This morning it is almost a white out.  Back to Christmas.

I started reading On Mystic Lake by on Monday and finished it on Wednesday.  Couldn't put it down!  I'm sure I will read it every year or so.

Yesterday was our Granddaughter's fifth birthday.  In the evening our son called so we could be on the phone when she opened her present from us.  A better gift to us than ours to her!

Thought for the day:  The voyage of self discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.  Marcel Proust

No comments:

Post a Comment