Monday, April 9, 2012

April 9, 2012 Coyotes & Turkeys


My favorite kind of
bunny!


Too bad these two coyotes aren't
chocolate too!
















The sun was shining on the porch after breakfast Easter morning, so I put on both my bath robes and took my coffee outside.  Temperature was barely above freezing but warming up quickly in the sun.  And the birds were singing, as they are this morning.  After settling into my chair, I noticed movement up the southeast slope and realized it was a turkey hen.  Then I saw a tom near her, tail fanned.  Took a photo but he was really too far away to make out, even zoomed in.  I watched them for a few minutes before they disappeared into the trees.  Fortunately neither dog noticed them.

The day was soon overcast but at least it was dry.  JB fixed our smallest trailer that had started to rust on the bottom out by the tongue.  Bolted a piece of wood onto it.  I cleaned up more branches and fixed dinner.  A nice, relaxing day.

We had 43 pictures on the game cam for the week.  Seven were of JB, myself, Larry and Elsie coming and going.  Three were of the two coyotes, and the rest were Dinga and Jesse.  The dogs were growling and pacing in the wee hours of Easter morning, obviously because of the two coyotes that were caught on the game cam. 

When JB went Down There on Tuesday, the only ham that the butcher shop had left until more came in on Thursday was 17 lbs!  It's a good thing we have room in the freezer. . .  But it was delicious and I made candied yams and broccoli to go with it for our Easter dinner.

About a week ago we realized that we were draining the water from the bilge pump over our septic tank drain field, and that was probably the cause of our toilet flushing problem.  We switched to direction of the drain pipe, and, sure enough, our toilet seems to be working just fine now.

Thought for the day:  If I had my life to live over, I'd live over a delicatessen.

No comments:

Post a Comment