Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April 25, 2012


Balsam root buds near the house -
about six weeks early!

Sunset 4/22/12
















Sunday and Monday were definitely summer days misappropriated to April, while Saturday and Tuesday belonged in mid-June.  Monday's high temperature was 67!  Yesterday was 61 Up Hear, but 75 Down There.  It is supposed to rain today and snow by tomorrow evening.  So temperatures are getting back to normal, but what a wonderful respite.

JB arrived back home on Monday and had a good trip over the mountains.  He got back much earlier than I had expected, so I had to hurry and clean up after Elsie left from doing the last sanding and just a little more mudding.  JB was pleasantly surprised with the bathroom (thank goodness).  I hope to get that all finished soon.  We just spent the afternoon reading newspapers and talking, sitting out on the porch in the "summer" sun.  He said it had been clear and in the 70's on the other side all weekend, which is unusual for them too.

Yesterday we both went Down There in our respective vehicles.  Took two as JB needed to fill the gas cans.  So he did some errands and I did the shopping, and we got home much earlier than usual.  It was too hot to take the dogs with us, which is never an issue in April!  It was my first time shopping by myself since last Fall.  I had to re-familiarize myself with the stores, so of course that meant going down every aisle in Costco. . .

When we returned home, JB hung out six yellow jacket traps (which is about a month early).  I worked on pulling out more tall stalks of dead grasses and yarrow from last Fall.  So nice to get an early jump on all this clearing up.

Thought for the day:  Nothing can be a very clever thing to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment