Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May 9, 2012



JB tilling his garden


A view to the south of Rose Camp
 















It was a great drive to and from town on Monday.  Other than that, town was town.  Except for Costco, which is always a delight.  As Elsie says, "Pray for me - I'm going to Costco."  If I ever came back home without something that was not on my list, I would know I was sick.

Larry brought their tiller up for us Monday evening.  What a guy!  Even brought his father up to meet us and see our place.  Had a very enjoyable visit.  Then they drove down to see RJ and his place.

First thing yesterday morning, JB was out tilling the garden.  I shooed him out to do that while I did the dishes, defrosted the refrigerator and made chicken broth for the dogs.  After lunch I went out to help and pulled out all the rocks and roots that JB tilled up.  It is going to take several days to get it all done as this is the initial tilling.  Still lots of grass, balsam root and rocks.  I would assume that next year it would be a lot easier.  But it is still very exciting!  Never thought I would use that word to describe it, but it really is.  JB plans to just plant potatoes, onions and possibly carrots this year, and tomatoes on his "grow boxes."  Maybe add squash and other items next year.  The garden itself is going to end up being about 20' X 32'.

Am going Down There this afternoon to spend some time learning what Elsie wants me to do for the next three days in their shop.  It's cold but clear this morning, so should be another nice day.

Thought for the day:  There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.  George Santayana

No comments:

Post a Comment