Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 11, 2012



Elk calf on Claudia's
game cam

Sunset Monday night -
 looks almost like a solar flare
We seem to have a lot more chipmunks this year, or maybe they have just learned how to stay out of Dinga's reach.  They sure are keeping her actively frustrated.  Jesse rarely joins the chase.  He's usually after bigger game.  Yesterday I heard loud chipmunk chirping and looked out the window onto the porch.  Sure enough, there was a tiny little thing on our storage box.  I know the dogs were under the porch but I guess it was just too hot for the effort.

I discovered that the other wren family is nesting up under our eaves on the south side of the house.  There are three places along the sides where there is room for a small nest.  I have seen other birds, sparrows and swallows, try to nest there but I think they are just too big.

Yesterday morning was cooler for a little longer than the past few days, so I was able to get outside and rake some more.  Also worked on getting one of the horseshoe pits situated in the dirt.  But then it was back inside to read and finally catch up on my e-mail.

The grass that JB planted about two weeks ago is really coming up.  Most of the area looks green now.  I may even have to mow it before he gets back!

Yesterday was very hazy to the west, with the mountains almost disappearing behind it.  Am sure it was smoke from one of the fires.  By sundown it had cleared out, so hope it is under control.  Probably, as it is clear out there this morning.

Today I get to take the dogs back to the vet so Dinga can have her eye checked.  It looks alot better as far as I am concerned.  We'll see what the doctor charges to tell me the same thing.  I made the appointment for 9:00 am so hopefully we can pick up the mail, grab a few groceries and get back Up Here before it gets too hot.

My quote about Monsanto certainly got a response from Katie.  Here is her e-mail:  "I have preached against Monsanto for years- - - -In America there were 230,000 suits against Monsanto by farmers- - -the  judges threw out all cases- - -In Brazil there are 500 - million suits- - - - Brazil has a better chance than Americans- -because they will stick together. Monsanto is getting patents on wild plants in Brazil [for medicinal purposes]- - Brazilians want to know how one can patent a "wild plant"- - -by the way- Rufus Murdock owns Fox News - - he built a multi-million $ home- - -not in America- - He knows it is going down- - -but in Beijing,China- - -"  You go, Girl!!

Thought for the day:  Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty.  The obedient must be slaves.  Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment