Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June 26, 2013 More Rain



Clouds coming in from the southwest.

Monday, 6/24.  It had rained off and on all night and was still overcast with a temperature of 44 when we got up.  Put a fire in after doing the dishes and drove Down There in a light shower.  We drove back up in pouring rain.  But I had actually survived getting my tooth pulled!  Surprise!  Surprise!

I have discovered the ultimate smoothie - peanut butter and banana!  Milk, yogurt, one large banana and a generous tablespoon of peanut butter = heaven.  A close second is banana and blueberry.  I enjoyed the pb and banana one for lunch (it was even better in my drug-induced state), then took a nice, long nap.

Rain fell most of the afternoon and our high for the day was only 52.  Temperatures have been 12 - 15 degrees below average lately, but by the end of the week we should be having a heat wave.  I hope it lasts through next week, as we sent out our 4th-of-July invitations and so far we have five guests coming.

Tuesday, 6/25.  It was overcast again and 42 this morning with a 70% chance of rain for the day.  JB called the tractor shop and advised them that it would be at least Wednesday, and more likely Thursday, before they could deliver our tractor.  The road is just too sloppy for a truck and trailer.

It rained sporadically all morning.  The fog crept in and out.  About noon the sun broke through, so I went outside to do some weeding.  That only lasted about 15 minutes.  Then it started sprinkling again and increased to rain for the rest of the afternoon until it was time for our walk.  The sun peeked out again and off we went.  Got back just as it disappeared.

Wednesday, 6/26.  It is 6:00 am and here I sit.  Wide awake.  Jesse's been out for about 45 minutes, but Dinga is back in.  The last I saw, he was chasing two deer up to the peak.  I put in a fire to take out the chill.  It is still overcast and 43.  Supposed to start clearing and warming up today.  The dogs have to get their rattlesnake boosters this week so I may take them down today and check out the status of the road.  I doubt they'll make it up with the tractor until at least tomorrow.

Thought for the day:  The Patriot's blood is the seed of Freedom's tree.  Thomas Campbell  (Thank you, Sandy)

No comments:

Post a Comment