Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013 A Hot Summer

The new (don't know the name). . .

. . . and the old (arnica).




















Saturday, 6/13.  It is so good to be back on-line!  It was all software glitches that one of our two family gurus was able to fix with little effort.  (The other guru is our son.)

JB's nephew was on his way by 10:00 a.m.  Because he had his motorcycle so loaded down for his trip, JB put all his bags in his Jeep and led him down just to be sure he got down safely.  Going down was going to be more difficult than getting Up Here.  And thank goodness he did as a thick layer of gravel had been laid in two places.

I got busy with the dishes and laundry.  Then clipped nubs off the 16 logs we had pulled down on Friday.  When JB got back, we just relaxed and planned our week.  And every time I use that word, I can hear God laughing. . .

Sunday, 6/14.  Off to church at 10:00 a.m.  Also picked up mail and sent letters; hit the laundromat after church with four loads; did grocery shopping.  Was really hot Down There with a high of 92, and me sweating in my church clothes.  Was a little cooler when I got back to Rose Camp about 3:00 pm.  Our high for the day was 78.  I hung out some of the laundry that wasn't quite dry.  Wasn't going to spend more on a dryer when I could just hang them up Up Here. 

While I was gone, JB cut several of the logs into rounds.  After dinner he drove down to borrow Larry's trailer so we can take our snow blower in to be fixed - finally.  So while he was gone, I began stacking some of the larger rounds by the splitter.  Then I took a wheelbarrow load of the smaller ones to the wood shed and stacked them.  Watered the garden and took down the laundry.  A long day.

The potato plants are growing like crazy.  Must be the chicken manure from Elsie and the compost from our pile.  JB has covered them once with dirt and again with straw.  They have popped through each time in just a day or two.  Hopefully we will end up with a bumper crop!

JB picked up the game cam card when he went down to Larry's.  He had changed it to video when he put it back last week.  As usual, most of the pictures were of Jesse and cars, but we got the bear just ambling up the road.  So cool to see him moving rather than just a still photo.  

Monday, 6/15.  This morning is clear and 49, but warming up quickly.  JB is taking the snow blower Down There this morning.  After dishes and laundry I will get the rest of the rounds stacked.

Last week I finally got on Facebook for the first time in a couple months.  Most of my "friends" are family and much younger than we are.  All so busy starting and growing their families; working on careers; developing hobbies - busy, busy, busy.  Am I feeling a bit of envy for their youthful energy?  Perhaps, but I doubt I would trade my mountain life for any part of theirs.  Been there, done that.

Thought for the day:  Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.  It will never fail you.  Frank Lloyd Wright

1 comment: