Friday, December 13, 2013

Dec 13, 2013 Clouds & Fog

Dinga & Jesse on the north ridge Thursday.

Wednesday 12/11.  I called Sandy after I posted and we had a nice long chat.  Love to start my day that way.  Talked to my Aunt Nene in the afternoon, so it was really a great day!

The sky never cleared, but the overcast did thin out a bit to the south and allowed the sun's brightness through, so the solar panels were able to draw in some power.  

Did some laundry.  Read the January issue of Cowboys & Indians with Chris Cooper on the cover.  Always a good read.  Also read more of my book, The Hunt Club, which is excellent.  Trimmed JB's hair.  And just enjoyed the day.

Only ten more days until the rebirth of light.  Will definitely be looking forward to that. . .

Thursday 12/12.  It was 10 and overcast this morning, with a fog bank moving in.  The fog didn't even last until noon, and we actually saw a little blue sky.  The temperature got up to 16, but there's another arctic blast in the forecast for next week.  The forecast snow has not yet arrived.

I slept tight last night, but had lots of dreams.  JB had to wake me up twice as I was crying.  Don't remember that dream, except that it was sad not scary.  Of course my bladder also woke me up, and then I got up at 6:00 to let the dogs out.  So by the time I got out of bed at 8:00 am, I was still very tired.  I fed the dogs and ate my breakfast, then I went back to bed for a good 30-minute nap.  That's all I needed.

Naps.  I love them so much that I have written the following Ode to Naps:
     Now that I am retired
     And my time is actually mine,
     I often stop and take a nap
     Which is oh so divine.

We both read our books.  JB was doing projects on his computer and I worked on my computer to get photos sorted out and saved onto archival DVDs.  I love the external DVD-RW that Jake bought for me.  So easy to use.

We saw even more new deer tracks on our afternoon walk.  I don't ever remember seeing so many tracks Up Here, especially so close to the house.

The winter bed is so much more inviting than the summer one.  We like the bedroom cold, which makes snuggling down into the flannel sheets and feeling the weight and warmth of the blanket and comforter so. . . well, comforting.

Friday 12/13.  Blue sky and 24 this morning.  No new snow in the forecast til the middle of next week.  And our resident frog is serenading us.  Can't believe he isn't hibernating.  I would be if I lived under the house.

Thought for the day:  Winter is not a season, it's an occupation.  Sinclair Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment