Monday, December 2, 2013

Dec 2, 2013 Answer on a Rant



Fog creeping into the canyon south of us
on Friday.

Amount of wood I like to have inside
after I bring it in each day.  We
usually don't even use 1/2 of it.














Friday 11/29.  The river valley fog soon spread to the canyons, and our high for the day was 35.  I washed sheets and hung them out to freeze dry.  Oh, they smelled so good!  I really missed hanging the laundry outside this summer when I was going to the laundromat.

I have been very remiss in checking my blog e-mail, which Google has changed a bit.  I was notified that I now have 28 followers on Feedspot.com!  How nice!  It is a great site and under "Humor" I signed up for Puppies and Cats, which will give me my daily dose of "ahh."

I also received an e-mail from a reader regarding one of my political rants in which I stated that the arrogant impostor in the White House is a Muslim.  This reader felt I should not have said such a thing, as that man is not a Muslim.  Well, it is my opinion that if he is not such a believer, then he certainly supports its followers.  I have no issue with Islam in its purest form, but like Christianity, it has been bastardized into sects by those who would bend its tenets to their own agendas.  I am sure that both Christ and Muhammad are appalled and grievously saddened - although not at all surprised - at the twisted changes man has made to their teachings.

Back to the impostor, one cannot listen simply to a man's words.  You must also, and more importantly, listen to his actions.  I rarely put any credence into conspiracy theories, but I am certainly leaning towards the one that states that the man living in the White House is out to destroy America as we know it.  I do not believe that he is smart enough nor wily enough to plan this himself, but rather is being controlled by those who put him in office and pull his strings.  Puppet that he is.

I am not easily goaded into ranting, and when I do my ire tends to get the better of me.  Perhaps I need an editor. . .

OK. . . We now return to our regularly scheduled Rose Camp Diary. . .

I so enjoy holiday leftovers.  I had them for lunch, but we broke the cycle for dinner with pepperoni pizza.  

With temperatures rising above freezing, the ground has thawed in places making mud where there had been heavy frost beginning yesterday.  Definitely moisture in the air now.  You can smell it.

We watched one of our favorite westerns this evening, Appaloosa.

Saturday 11/30. It was mostly overcast and 27 this morning with valley fog.  Snow is in the forecast for tonight through Monday, but our high for today was 34.  That arctic mass hasn't reached us yet.

We are seeing deer almost every day now, which I really enjoy.  As much as I love our dogs, I do miss seeing the wildlife they are chasing away.  Wouldn't be without them though.

I wrote my Christmas letters today.  Short and sweet for those who do not read my blog.  My Mom always wrote detailed Christmas letters, but I just mention the main events.  But I do love receiving such letters from friends and family.

Thanksgiving leftovers are wonderful, and that's what we had for dinner, but there is just nothing quite like that first, carefully orchestrated bite of the holiday dinner - dressing, cranberry sauce, turkey and gravy.  It's the best bite of the year.

Sunday 12/1.  Rain fell most of the night as it was too warm for snow.  It was 34 when we got up and the wind was blowing the rain around.  We had so many thunderstorms this summer that now every time it rains hard during the night, Dinga jumps up on our bed like a frightened child seeking protection.  It does not bode well for sleep.

December 1 and I haven't begun to decorate for Christmas.  When we were living Down There, Thanksgiving weekend was always the time to decorate.  Up Here it takes me longer to mentally get to that place.  JB wants to cut one of the small trees that need to be thinned and put it in the front yard to decorate.  We used to decorate one of the smaller trees that were growing there, but we always had a problem with the wind.  Maybe we'll put it on the porch, or inside on the landing at the top of the stairs.  I could get a small tree to fit there.  Hmmm.

When I was at Costco a couple weeks ago, I splurged on some Egyptian Magic skin cream.  I had been reading so much about it for the past month or so in several different magazines, that I decided I really needed to try it.  Well, in the two weeks I have been using it, I can see a subtle difference.  My face seems softer and looks like it has been slightly airbrushed.  And my throat is more firm with less lines.  Of course I doubt that anyone else will notice, but then if it could make a dramatic difference in my old skin, it would be referred to as Egyptian Miracle, not just magic.

Today was just too nasty to go out to do anything but bring in fire wood.  It is really muddy outside now and our high for the day was 35.  BJ did go out to his shop for his cordless drill so we could put some more shelves in a cabinet in the loft.  So glad to get that done, as it allowed me to store more items inside of it.  I have redone the storage area in our loft so many times, but then that is part of nesting.  And I just love nesting.

Monday 12/2.  It is 19 and there is blue sky and sun to the south and east, but there is a huge fog bank to the north.  Or is that snow moving in?

Thought for the day:  Courage is fear that has said its prayers. Karl Barth  



No comments:

Post a Comment