Friday, December 20, 2013

Dec 20, 2014 Political Correctness BS

Our icy front yard

Wednesday 12/18.  Partly cloudy soon gave way to overcast, but we had some blue sky in the afternoon.

JB drove MAX down to put the game cam card back in, and then a bit further to give the dogs a run.  By the time he got home, the middle axle had worked itself loose again.  Guess we have no choice but to take it apart. . . tomorrow.

Our early morning temperature of 26 turned out to be our high for the day.  It was 24 when we left for our afternoon walk.  Nothing melted today and the snow was crunchy again.  It was down to 17 by 9:00 pm.

Thursday 12/19.  I checked the temperature when I let the dogs out at 6:00 am and it was 16.  When we actually got up for the day at 8:00 am, the temperature had fallen to 12.  The sky was clear and the ground was icy.  However, it was overcast by noon and our high for the day was 18.

We knew the job on MAX would take two days, so we did the basics today.  Jacked MAX up on blocks.  Took off the middle wheel on the loose axle side.  Took off the necessary chain to access the bolt to loosen the sprocket from the axle - a very greasy, messy job.  Tomorrow we should be able to take the cotter pin out of the opposite axle that is holding in the center rod.  Put the new rod in and reverse everything.  Ten years ago we could probably have done it all in one day.

Now for my rant:  In a free country where there is free speech, there should be no such catch phrase as "politically correct."  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if they are always politically correct, then they have no opinion of their own.  Have we come to the point where people can no longer be on TV if their opinions differ from the "mainstream"??!!  If one of the men on Duck Dynasty believes that being gay is a sin, it is his right to believe so and he should not be vilified for it.  I disagree with him, but I certainly don't believe he should be punished for it.  There are many people in this country that feel the way he does.  That is their right.  Doesn't anyone remember, "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I am sure the TV channel is just worried about ratings and losing income, so it all comes down to the bottom line, as usual.  But it is a sad commentary on the American public if they are concerned.

But this is scary because it can so easily lead to worse scenarios.  If you don't believe the government is doing the right thing, you may have to answer to the men in one of those Homeland Security vehicles that are beginning to appear in our cities.  There is as least one such vehicle in Wenatchee, and I am sure that Homeland Security will have no shortage of power-hungry, idiotic, control-freak applicants for their available positions.  It is quite scary and I am not sure what can be done about it.  I really have no faith in our voting system any more.  Too much fraud.  I want to cry.  I want to scream.  And if I wrote what I really wanted to do, well I know a lot of people would agree with me, but I doubt I'd be here tomorrow to post my blog. . .  However our country was founded on revolution.

Back to Rose Camp:  NOAA has been predicting snow for more than a week now and with our overcast sky this evening, I might even think it is possible.  They have to get it right at some point.  Right?

Friday 12/20.  Finally, some snow.  We watched it move in and the first flakes arrived at 8:35 am.  It is even snowing in Seattle.  The temperature is still a low 15, so it will probably be just the tiny flakes we are seeing now.  Well #@!*, even as I write this, the snow has stopped and I can see the mountains. . . 

Thought for the day: Democracy in itself does not define or guarantee a free society.  History has told many stories of democratic societies that have degenerated in corruption, plunder and tyranny.  Richard M. Ebeling

No comments:

Post a Comment