Friday, December 27, 2013

Dec 27, 2013 Back to MAX


Rose working on MAX.
Distant valley fog this morning.















Wednesday 12/25.  A bright and sunny, if brisk, Christmas Day.  First some coffee, then the gifts.  Boy, did we get spoiled this year!  I gave JB a list of "suggestions" and he bought me everything on it!  I have enough books to read until my birthday in May, or at least til Easter.  And speaking of Easter, we have enough candy to last until then. . . or at least January.  I did not know that Peeps came in Santa Clauses and gingerbread men. . .

We were going to have our Christmas dinner at about 2:00 pm, but after nibbling all morning, we decided to wait until our regular time of 5:30 pm.  Other than making gravy, it was basically just warming up leftovers from Thanksgiving.  But still soooo good.

I started reading one of the books JB gave to me, Brimstone by Robert B. Parker.  One of my favorite authors.

All the rabbits around our home must have come out to celebrate Christmas.  JB saw tracks when he took the dogs on their morning walk, and then we all saw even more tracks when we went for our afternoon walk.  They were everywhere!  Even right outside the bathroom window and all around the outhouse.  I wish I could actually see one of the rabbits making the tracks.  Some of those tracks are pretty good size.

This evening we watched Silver Linings Playbook.  What a great movie!.

Thursday 12/26.  It is 27 and clear this morning.  Enough playing, it's time to get back to work.  Did laundry and defrosted the fridge in the morning, then it was outside to get back to working on MAX.

Our high for the day was 35, so it a nice day to be working outside, but nothing seemed to go right.  We finally got the center rod out and inserted in the opposite axle.  Got the rod and cotter pin back in.  But it was a struggle, and then just couldn't get the chain back on.  Enough already!  By 3:00 pm I was just too frustrated to continue.  And my arthritic hands needed a rest.

I brought in fire wood and we went on a nice, slow afternoon walk.  Then, I settled in with my book and just relaxed.

Friday 12/27.  It is 27 and mostly overcast with valley fog.  A very light overcast.  And it is our 44th wedding anniversary.  JB is going Down There to have a tire on my Jeep fixed, as it keeps going flat.

Thought for the day:  Happiness is to see the world in a grain of sand, and Heaven in a wild flower, to hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in a single hour.  William Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment