Friday, July 8, 2016

July 8, 2016 Back to Normal & A Trip Down There

A western tanager on a
service berry bush.




Wednesday 7/6. It was chores and laundry for me this morning. I am doing all the watering outside of flowers and garden as JB is still having a rough time getting around.  Each day seems a little better though, and he is quite sure it is his gout having found a new place in his knee other than his toe or ankle.

Some readers may wonder why I even mention doing the laundry, after all doesn't everyone.  But for me it means turning on the generator to run the washing machine and when it is done pumping more water into the cistern.  Then hanging up the laundry, taking it down when dry, and watching for rain in between.

Since it was cooler, our high was only 68, I clipped and dug out a few more bushes after lunch.

The July 11 issue of Time magazine is mainly about "240 Reasons to Celebrate America Right Now".  It is a fascinating issue and gives me new hope for our country.

We watched The Lone Ranger this evening.  The movie really got panned, but I love it.  Of course, now I will have The William Tell Overture playing in my head for the next few weeks. . . 

Thursday 7/6. It was 56 with a light overcast this morning and a 50% chance of rain for tonight.  We were on our way Down There at 11:00 am for errands and appointments.  JB had his quarterly check-up for his pacemaker, which went quite well.  And I had an appointment at one of the funeral homes to talk about pre-arranging cremations.  Very interesting and not as expensive as I thought it might be.  

There is a Harbor Freight in Wenatchee now.  Yes, I know - cheap, Chinese-made stuff, but for those of us we cannot always afford made-in-the-USA, it's a good fall-back.  They had little movers' dollies on sale for $7 and I bought two for the pantry under the stairs.  I put the heavy pails and bags of dog food on them so I can easily move them in and out.  JB had made one a few years ago for the dog food, but for $7, you can't even buy the wheels for them.

Blondie is still the only chicken giving us eggs, and even she has taken a few days off.  This morning I had a store-bought egg for breakfast and was sorely disappointed.  Blah!

The forecast rain began to fall around 8:00 pm and lasted most of the night.

Friday 7/7. It is 52 and overcast this morning, but I can see patches of blue sky as the clouds begin to break up.  Don't have to water the flowers and garden this morning.

Thought for the day: Words of wisdom by Nobel Prize Literature winner William Golding:
I think women are foolish to pretend they are equal to men. . . they are far superior and have always been.
Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater.
If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby.
If you give her a house, she'll give you a home.
If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.
If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.
She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.
So if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment