Wednesday, December 14, 2016

December 14, 2016 Love My Crafting!

Rimed pine needles.



Monday 12/13. The bad thing about fleece sheets is that it is so difficult to climb out of them on a cold morning.  Actually any morning.  And especially if you know you are going to have to spend some time out in that cold.

It took me longer than usual to get on my way Down There this morning, what with scraping off Miss Kitty and getting everything loaded into her.  The long line at the post office was typical of this time of year.  It took me about 30 minutes to get through and mail all my packages, but I was right behind a lady with a therapy dog in training, so we chatted and the time went by quickly.

Snow was falling when I got out of the post office and, fortunately, that was my last stop.  Except, of course, at Larry and Elsie's to load the groceries into Miss Kitty.  Had a nice chat with Elsie.  She just happened to be getting some scones out of the oven, and sent me home with one.  Yum!

I was home by two and the scone was all gone by 2:15!

Our high for the day was 23.  Snow had begun to fall around 11:00 am and was still doing so by the time we went to bed.

Tuesday 12/13.  Today began with a temp of 16, rimed trees and we were sitting in the clouds.  Another 1/2" of snow had fallen.

I really enjoy the year-end magazines with all the main events of the year, the best movies, TV series, books, etc.  Time magazine did a pretty good job on theirs, considering.  I read most of it except for the article on Hilary.  I read the first two lines and almost threw up.

I finished the Christmas gifts.  I have had so much fun making them.  The world always seems such a better place when I take the time to craft, to create.  It's not like I am making any phenomenal piece of art, but I do think that the things I make are rather clever.  And perhaps they will put a smile on a friend's face.  Unfortunately, I started making these after I had gifts for most of our family and friends, so this year just our grandchildren and canyon friends will receive them.  Now I am going to make a couple of these items for us with some older Christmas decorations that we have.  Since we do not have room for a tree, many of the ornaments are not getting displayed, so I figure this is the perfect way to do it.  

JB is still planning on going Down There tomorrow, despite the cold temps.  His appointment isn't until late in the afternoon, so he will get his Christmas shopping done.  Pretty sure this is the first year in decades that he will have done it before Christmas Eve Day. . .

The sun tried to peek through the cloud cover, but never really succeeded.  The fog disappeared around mid afternoon and our high for the day was 18.  No more snow fell, but according to the forecast, we may wake up to some.  But the sky was clear when we went to bed with just the full "moon on the crest of the new fallen snow."

Wednesday 12/14. It is a frigid 8 degrees this morning with overcast skies.  JB is still determined to go Down There.  At least there is no new snow.

Thought for the day: We all look up at the stars and see such different things.  George R. R. Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment