Friday, December 2, 2016

December 2, 2016 Cutting Wood & A Trip Down There

Wednesday's wind-swept
valley fog.


A good start to next
year's fire wood.











Wednesday 11/30. Another cold but clear day, so JB got the chain saw out and we cut up the trees that our son had cut down.  I limbed them and JB also cut one cradle load of branch wood.  He used the tractor to haul the rounds to the splitter in three bucket loads, and I took the cut branch wood to the wood shed.  We have a nice start to our fire wood for next year.  We won't be splitting anything til Spring though, as the splitter doesn't work unless the temperature is at least 40.

I am absolutely amazed at some of the things being posted on Facebook and other online sites about our emperor and his family.  Just goes to prove that you can fool some of the people all the time. . .

Our son has tickets to the new Star Wars' movie already.  They are going to the pre-view on December 15.  I am so envious!!

Today's valley fog never did disappear and by late afternoon it was trying to creep into Rose Camp.  Fortunately the wind was keeping it away.  Our high for the day was 36.

Thursday 12/1.  December began with clear skies and a temp of 28.  Last night Larry asked if I could help at their shop this morning as they were getting a another propane tank delivered and he had to be at home for that.  So I left for Down There at 8:30.  A bit early so I could get to the post office and still have time to buy a latte.

I had been at their shop for less than an hour, and had just finished my latte, when Larry arrived.  He brought iced mochas for all of us!  With all that time in front of me, I did the shopping I had planned to do next week, got our Christmas "card" printed, went to Hobby Lobby to buy supplies for a Christmas project I had just seen on Facebook, and did some Christmas shopping.  Zipping all around town on a caffeine high!

Our road didn't seem too bad going down, but driving back up it was pretty slippery.  By the time I got home JB had compiled November's statistics: 65 eggs and 4" of rain!

Our high for the day was just 34 and, by the time of our afternoon walk, there were some pretty dark clouds hovering about.  We have a cold and snowy weekend in the forecast with temps down to 17 Monday night.  Brrrrr!

Friday 12/2. It is 30 with a mostly overcast sky this morning.  The Christmas spirit has completely overtaken me and I have so much to do!

Thought for the day: Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.  Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment