Friday, December 30, 2016

December 30, 2016 Happy New Year!

Wispy fingers of fog in the
canyon to the south of us
Thursday afternoon.

From Sandy!











Wednesday 12/28. JB took the dogs on a morning walk, cleaned the panels, measured another 3" of snow received last night, and cleaned the snow off the porch while I vacuumed.

Last night's wind sculpted our snow and completely obliterated most of MAX's tracks from yesterday.  But this morning's wind died into a light breeze early on and we enjoyed a bright, sunny day with a high of 32.

I love the Entertainment Weekly's double issue with "first looks" at 2017 movies and TV series.  Really looking forward to seeing Blade Runner 2049.

We began watching the third season of Blacklist this evening.  I sure have missed it.

Thursday 12/29. It was 24 and overcast this morning with 1/2" new snow and valley fog.  The sun managed to break through the clouds a few times, but it was generally another gray day, with a high of 30.

We put the chain back on MAX after lunch.  For some reason that chain is too close to the floor and that is what is causing it to pop off.  We can probably fix it but it will have to be during warmer weather.  Meanwhile JB will just drive very carefully.

I ordered two new tires for Miss Kitty today.  Les Schwab could not find them at their approved vendors, so Costco will deliver them directly to Les Schwab to have the one put on the rim.  Hopefully we can pick them up within two weeks.

I finally realized the reason for most of my short-term memory.  I don't focus.  My mind is usually elsewhere while my body is doing things, so I don't remember what it was I did or where I put something or what I heard.  Guess I will just have to be more aware of what I am doing and what is going on around me. . . be in the moment.

Well, 2016 certainly has taken a lot of celebrities from us.  Carrie Fisher and her mother, Debbie Reynolds, just this week.  I love the Facebook posting that says, "Listen, 2016, if you take Betty White, we will riot!"  And this one, "David Bowie has created an alternate universe and is hand-picking its inhabitants one by one."  It has been a very topsy turvey year in many ways.  One can only hope that 2017 will be much better for everyone, especially in politics for our U.S.A.

Friday 12/30. It is 24 again this morning with mostly clear skies and a breeze.  Looks like we received another 1/2" or so of snow last night.  We are due for another arctic blast beginning on Monday with temps possibly below zero.

Thought for the day: Here's wishing Everyone a Safe and Joyful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment