Friday, December 16, 2016

December 16, 2016 Christmas Cookies & More Snow



View from the north ridge
on our Wednesday afternoon walk.


Valley fog to the south on
Thursday afternoon.











Wednesday 12/14. JB got on his way around 10:00 am.  The overcast was thinning and it looked like the sun might break through.  But no such luck, and we had a very gray day with a high of 14.

I had a nice long chat with Randy.  His winter temps are about the same as ours.  He doesn't have as much snow, but he has had a lot more sun.

I was going to bake my favorite Christmas cookies while JB was Down There, but the butter was frozen!  I guess I will have to bake them tomorrow.

I haven't been setting the alarm at night to get up and check the fire.  My bladder seems to wake me up at the right time.  The coldest it has gotten in the house at night is 65, and we keep it around 72 during the day.

JB was home just before 5:30 pm with everything done that he had planned.  No problems on the road.  A light snow began falling shortly after he arrived.

Thursday 12/15. It was 16 and overcast with 2" of new snow this morning.

I got all ready to bake my cookies but couldn't find the one jar of maraschino cherries that my pantry list said I had.  Great.  But I found another couple recipes and made some chocolate zingers.  They have black and red pepper in them and are thin, crunchy, star shaped, semi-sweet chocolate cookie that leaves a zing in your mouth.  Tomorrow JB is going to bake bread, and on Saturday I will make another kind of cookie.

JB put on a big pot of ham and pea soup, then went out to drive MAX around a bit.  The tires on the right side need more air, so we will fill them tomorrow.  When they get low, it is easy for the track to come off, and if they have too much air, it is easy for the track to come off.

Today was another very gray day and our high was 20.  A light snow began to fall around 1:00 pm and didn't let up, but by dark it was barely a trace.  Colder temps are supposed to arrive for the weekend.

Friday 12/16. It is 8 this morning with a light overcast and valley fog.  We have another inch or two of snow, and poor JB is getting tired of having to go out first thing in these frigid temps to clean off the panels.

Thought for the day:  The world is changed by your example, not your opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment