Wednesday, November 30, 2016

November 30, 2016 More Turkey & More Snow

A photo from 11/30/15.



Monday 11/28. Today we made our Thanksgiving turkey so we could have leftovers.  A turkey with no legs, wings or giblets, just perfect for the two of us.  Mrs. Gridder had sent home with us homemade cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and pie, so we were set.

It was a beautiful, mostly sunny day with a high of 40, but only a little of our snow melted.

We watched four more episodes of Arrow through our triptophan haze.

Tuesday 11/29.  The day began with a temp of 30 and clear skies.  And we started our day with house cleaning, vacuuming and dishes.

After a fantastic lunch of a turkey, cranberry sauce and stuffing sandwich, I drove Miss Kitty down to pick up the mail.  On my way back, I let out Larry and Elsie's dogs for a pee break and a treat.  A perfect day for a drive.  I love seeing all the tracks in the snow.  No bear or Bigfoot today, just deer, cougar and rabbit.

I have all the Christmas gifts wrapped, now I just need to package them for mailing.  I guess I should get some decorations put up, too.

Wednesday 11/30. The sky is clear again this morning with a temp of 30 and about another 1/2" of snow.  There is valley fog that I do hope stays in the valley where it belongs.

Thought for the day: It's not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful. Brother David Steindl-Rast




No comments:

Post a Comment