Friday, November 11, 2016

November 11, 2016 A Trip to the West Side

Our solar panels tipped
all the way down to
catch the winter sun.



Wednesday 11/9. It was 44 and partly cloudy this morning, but the clouds soon disappeared and it was another beautiful day.  And even though nothing physical had changed in our life, the atmosphere was full of hope in our country.  So we just took the day off to enjoy that new feeling.

JB is going back to the west side tomorrow to help care for his Mother and give his brothers and sisters-in-law a break.  He will be there for a week.

Thursday 11/10. It was 44 this morning and we were encased in fog.  JB left around 8:30 and I had a busy day ahead of me.

My brother is up at his cabin with a friend, so I drove down Miss Kitty to visit.  Invited them up for breakfast tomorrow.  Then I drove down to pick up the mail.  I also stopped in at Larry and Elsie's house to pick up some packages I had sent to their shop, and to let their dogs out for a break.

One of the packages was six little kits to make olive oil lamps that I had ordered from Lehman's.  I made one in a small Mason jar and it is just perfect.  Much cheaper than a candle or any other fuel, and the cleanest fuel there is.

In checking the news on the internet, I couldn't believe that people are protesting and rioting against the outcome of the election.  That is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen American people do.  Just goes to prove that many of her supporters are just as much a thug and spoiled brat as she is.

Friday 11/11. It is 45 this Veteran's Day morning, with a brilliant sunrise on the partly cloudy sky.  I am going to fix German pancakes for my breakfast guests.

Thought for the day: Nothing is scarier than the people who try to find easy answers to complicated questions.  Marjane Satrapi, graphic journalist

No comments:

Post a Comment