Wednesday, November 9, 2016

November 9, 2016 God Blessed America (I Think)!


Tiny deer track compared
to my gloved finger.




Monday 11/7. JB was finally able to get Miss Kitty's winch untangled and wound up again.  A bit shorter now than it was before.

We tried to pull up the tree that our son had cut down on the west slope, but the ground is still too wet and the Jeep's wheels kept spinning.  Will cut it into two or three pieces in the Spring and bring them up one at a time.  In the meantime I am working on gathering all the branches so we can pull them up.

Didn't realize how uptight I am about the election tomorrow. . .

Tuesday 11/8. It was 40 with clear skies this election-day morning.  A phenomenal day in nature.  Blue sky, a high of 52.  Nature, completely unburdened by the goings on in the chaotic world of mankind.  

JB saw four deer in our yard this morning at 7:30.  They nibbled the grass and drank water from the copper fire pit (that we don't use), but didn't find the carrots I had put on a stump.

After lunch JB drove the tractor over to the west ridge.  I wrapped branches in the towing strap and we pulled them all up in three bundles.  JB drove them over to the wood cradle.  Then I moved the carrots to a stump closer to the water.

Randy called to say they were at Couer d'Alene at Costco and it was a beautiful day there too.  Then later he left me a message saying that they were at a Walmart where there was a line in sporting goods.  People were buying up the guns and murmuring about a revolution tomorrow.  Oh, great!

I watched a bit of the election news on the computer, but I guess we really won't know for sure until morning.  At least it will be over.

Wednesday 11/9. Woke up at 12:30 this morning & checked on the election - Wow!  He did it!  I thought I would be writing "Now I know how the Germans felt when Hitler took over."  But there is actually hope for this country where hope no longer existed.  The next four years are going to be interested to say the least.  I can't wipe the smile off my face. . .

Thought for the day: The problem with political jokes is they get elected.  Henry Cate, VII

No comments:

Post a Comment