Wednesday, November 23, 2016

November 23, 2016 Sun, Fog & A Pack Rat

Valley fog to the northwest
 Monday afternoon.

The pack rat's nest and
supplies in the shop.











Monday 11/21. We have a pack rat in the shop again.  We have heard it rustling around outside for a few days now and I thought it was trying to nest under the tarps on the porch.  But JB discovered its nest in the shop this morning on his work bench.  Looks like it had gathered enough greens to last a month or so.  Hopefully it won't live that long as JB put out some more poison.

Elsie called around 11:00 am to say she saw a lady on the paved canyon road trying to coax one of the abandoned dogs into her car.  I hopped in my Jeep, but by the time I got down to the pavement, I could find neither the car nor the dog.  I'll just keep trying.

That situation along with all riots in respnse to the election really have got me down.  I get so tired of man's inhumanity to man and animal.  It takes the stuffing right out of me.  Any joy seems so far away that I can hardly feel its warm rays, and I know how the world-weary feel.  But attitude is everything, and after a few dark hours, I bounce back again.

It was just too beautiful a day to waste in such emotional darkness.  The valley fog grew during the day, but never climbed Up Here.  The sun shone brightly all day and we had a high of 40.

Tuesday 11/22. This morning began another day of fog and a temp of 26.  The trees and ground were frosted when we got up, and our high for the day was only 30.  It is on mornings like this that I am so glad that I bought a second water dish for the girls.

I knew I needed a project, so today I began to wrap Christmas presents and create this year's Christmas card.  JB drove his Jeep down to pull up the trees that our son had cut along the road.  He made three trips with his Jeep, then drove Miss Kitty down to gather the branches.  It was a very dark but good day with a lot accomplished.

I am driving Down There tomorrow for a few groceries, mail some letters, buy some more corn for the girls and a new chain for the chain saw.  We are going to celebrate Thanksgiving with Larry, Elsie and their family as we usually do.  Am really looking forward to that.

Wednesday 11/23. It is 31 and overcast with a breeze and about an inch of snow this morning.  Looks like there may be snow all the way down to the valley floor.

Thought for the day: If you saw the size of the blessing coming, you would understand the magnitude of the battle you are fighting.  Peaceful Mind, Peaceful Life on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment