Friday, November 25, 2016

November 25, 2016 A Huge Bear or A Little Bigfoot?

Huge bear or little Bigfoot?



Wednesday 11/23. Driving Down There this morning, I was barely past our hair-pin turn at the end of our driveway when I saw some huge tracks in the snow.  A first I thought it was the cougar, but if those were its tracks then it would be more the size of a sabre-toothed tiger.  When I stopped to look at them, they were even larger than I thought and had to be a humongous bear or a small Bigfoot!  In holding my hand by one, it had to be a good 12" long.  I just hoped I wouldn't meet up with whatever made them.

My last stop in town was at Larry and Elsie's shop.  When I showed them the pictures and described the size, they insisted it was just a very large bear.  I am pretty sure two of my cousins would disagree and say it could very easily be a little Bigfoot.

I arrived home to the incredible scent of pumpkin bread in the oven.  It turned out so delicious!

Thursday 11/24. Thanksgiving Day began with a temp of 32, overcast skies and a light snow falling.  We were on our way down to Larry and Elsie's in Miss Kitty by noon, and, fortunately, not all of the two loaves of pumpkin bread that JB baked fit into the dish.  So that's what I had for breakfast.

It was another wonderful Thanksgiving, celebrated with a houseful of friends and Larry and Elsie's family.  So very much to be thankful for.

Mrs. Gridder emailed an invitation for us to come to their family Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday, so we will definitely be doing that, like we did last year.  

Friday 11/25. It is 35 and overcast this morning.  The snow line had moved way above Larry and Elsie's yesterday, but the forecast is for more snow each day of this holiday weekend.

Thought for the day: Too blessed to be distressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment