Friday, November 18, 2016

November 18, 2016 Our First Snowfall

Our first snow on
11/17.



Wednesday 11/16. After setting up the car with the barrier behind the front seats, I spent an hour and a half driving the roads Up Here looking for the two dogs.  But to no avail.  Well, I have done what I can.  Larry and Elsie and another neighbor will call me if they see them.

Our high for the day was just 41 and there is the possibility of snow in the forecast.

Thursday 11/17. It was 32 and partly cloudy this morning.  Since our home is so small, I really cannot re-arrange the furniture, but I can change the covers on the couches and chair.  And I can re-arrange the pictures on the wall.  I had found a couple large photo frames full of pictures in the loft, so I re-arranged the hanging art to include them.  Quite a project.

Last night Larry and Elsie asked if I could come down and let their dogs out since they both had meetings and would be home late.  So a little after 2:00 pm I left in Miss Kitty.  I took dog food along just in case I saw the two dogs.  I certainly wouldn't be able to hear them above Miss Kitty's engine, but I might be able to see them.  First I drove all the way down to the pavement to get the mail.  Then I drove back up to let their dogs out for a potty break.  Just as we got outside at about 3:00, tiny snowflakes began drifting down.  Their dogs are always glad to see me, but I'm pretty sure that has more to do with the fact they know I am going to give them a treat before I leave.

By the time I got up to our road, it was white with snow, as was the ground at Rose Camp.  But that was it.  Nothing measurable.

Friday 11/18. It is 29 this morning and we are fogged in.  JB will be home today!

Thought for the day: Youth is not a question of age, it is a response of the spirit.  Robert Mallet

No comments:

Post a Comment