Wednesday, February 15, 2017

February 15, 2017 The Blahs

Dinga, guarding the
homestead.



Monday 2/13. Lots of sun again today.  We tipped the solar panels panels halfway up this morning.  That always feels good because it means the sun is higher in the sky and we are getting longer days. 

I keep mentioning that one or both of the two main passes have been closed.  Those who do not live around here may not understand that this has quite an impact on life in Washington, as trucks carrying goods cannot get across.  Ergo, less perishables in the grocery stores.

I pulled out most of the items sitting on the floor in the pantry (under the stairs) and swept up.  There was a mouse in the trap that had obviously been there for a while.

We have been watching the Jesse Stone movies starring Tom Selleck.  There are six or seven of them and we are missing only one.

Tuesday 2/14. Valentine's Day began with 30 degrees and lightly overcast skies.  I'm afraid that my sinking attitude finally sank today.  I was feeling snotty in more ways than one.  I did absolutely nothing but feed the girls and dogs, bring in firewood, and read another Sue Grafton book.  I had finished W and X, started the series over, and am now on E Is For Evidence.  JB did everything else, including fixing a delicious pot of ham and pea soup.

The first couple years we were Up Here, I didn't go off the mountain during the winter.  I stayed at Rose Camp for about four months and completely enjoyed it.  New place.  New experience.  This year all I can think is: been there, done that.  Plus this has been rather a grey winter, again with so much snow.  And here we are in mid February and there is no end in sight.

Wednesday 2/15. It is 28 and overcast this morning.  Rain fell for a few hours, finally stopping around 6:00 am.  But I had a good night's sleep which seems to have bolstered my attitude.  Yes it's still winter.  Yes it sucks.  But I am alive and in the only place I really want to be, along with a very patient husband.  Life is good.

Thought for the day: Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment