Monday, May 1, 2017

May 1, 2017 A Busy Weekend

JB's Saturday morning baking
(minus 2 scones we had for
breakfast)

Friday 4/28. After putting in a load of wash, I drove Miss Kitty down to check the road and collect the mail.  By the time I got back home, JB had hung the wash out on the clothesline.  I am pretty sure I can get my Jeep out now, so we plan to go Down There on Monday.  I get to go shopping!  

Our high for the day was 58, but it sure didn't seem that warm.

Saturday 4/29. It was 32 with a mostly clear sky this morning, but a light overcast had formed before noon.  When I got up at 8:45, JB was already mixing up some more scones.  They were soon in the oven, and then he started on a chocolate bundt cake.  Said he wanted to get them done and out of the way!  I am so glad he likes to cook.

There is a woodpecker Up Here that is fixated on our outhouse.  In just a day or two, he has already pecked the paint off a couple places.  I chased him off this morning and hung some strips of cloth that I hope will keep him away.  Randy has been having a problem with an aggressive woodpecker, too, only on his house.  Hmmm. . .

I brought down three big loads of "junk" wood from the south ridge in Miss Kitty.  There is a lot more up there, too.  When we had our trees thinned about 25 years ago, the man we dealt with said he would leave us as much good tree limb wood as he could, and burn the junk.  The grasses had grown over much of the pile and we didn't realize how much there was.

Our high for the day was 50, but we didn't have much sun.

Sunday 4/30. This morning was 39 with a mostly clear sky.  Since it was so warm, I gave the girls cabbage with their bananas instead of oatmeal.  Pretty sure they prefer oatmeal.

Had a nice long chat with Sandy this morning.  The wild flowers in California are incredible with all the rain they have had.  The colorful fields are so plentiful and brilliant that they can be seen from space!

JB and I both worked on bringing down more junk wood to the wood cradle area.  Using Miss Kitty and the tractor, we both brought down four big loads.  Then after lunch, I drove Miss Kitty down to see the Gridders.  Also got to meet a family who just purchased a home just across the paved road.  The Westies were up so I got to visit with them, too.  They were cutting some huge branches off one of their pine trees and gave them to me for fire wood.  It was a very good ride.

It was breezy this morning, but very windy by the time I got home around 3:00 pm.  Not too bad down in the canyon, but very icy at Rose Camp.  Our high for the day was 52.

Monday 5/1.  This first day of May began overcast with a temperature of 37 and a breeze.  So looking forward to going shopping!

Thought for the day: Success comes in cans.  Failure comes in can'ts.



No comments:

Post a Comment