Wednesday, May 3, 2017

May 3, 2017 A Trip Down There!


No photos this morning.  Google is not cooperating.


Monday 5/1. We were on our way by 8:30 am with JB following me in Miss Kitty.  We parked her where our road meets the main canyon road just in case we couldn't get my Jeep all the way back home.  We made it Down There with no problems, but rain began to fall by noon.  Got all our errands and shopping done, and were on our way home about 2:00 pm.  However, with all the rain, we could not get my Jeep up the driveway.  So we made two trips with Miss Kitty to get all the groceries to the house.  So good to be home!

I did not sleep well last night and with the trip Down There I was in bed by 8:30!  

Tuesday 5/2. It was 37 with clear skies this morning, although some clouds moved in by mid morning.  But it was a nice day with a high of 56.

I always look forward to picking up the mail, but today I received a jury summons.  That in itself is not a problem, but in the almost nine years we have lived here, this is the third one I have received.  JB received his fourth one over the winter and obviously could not get Down There.  Next time I go to town I plan to go talk to someone about this.

Tomorrow I am going to help Elsie in her shop as Larry is leaving for his annual fishing trip on the coast with friends.  JB and I will leave about 8:30 am to drop off his Jeep to be fixed, then he can take me to work.  He drove Miss Kitty down to his Jeep today to put more transmission fluid in it for tomorrow's trip.  I kept busy with wash and other things since I won't be home tomorrow.

It was a nice day with a high of 56.

Wednesday 5/3. It is 46 and overcast this morning.  We plan to be on our way by 8:30.

Thought for the day: If everything happens according to plan, it's a business plan, not an adventure.  Bertrand Piccard

No comments:

Post a Comment