Monday, July 10, 2017

July 10, 2017 More Guests Then Back to Work

Enjoying one of the many views.



Friday 7/7. This morning I walked around the corner to the east side of the girls' pen and there was a turkey hen with six or seven baby turkeys visiting them!  They ran off into the woods and I didn't have my camera with me.  So cute!

Spent most of the day getting ready for our guests who are coming Up Here tomorrow.  I did laundry and baked peanut butter/chocolate chip cookies.  JB made banana/chocolate chip muffins and banana bread.

I made chicken salad for dinner from a Costco BBQ chicken I bought yesterday.  It's fine when made from canned chicken, but I much prefer it from fresh cooked.  I really had my fill of canned meat over the winter. . .

A refreshing wind sprang up around 5:30 pm and blew all night.  Our high for the day was 88.

Saturday 7/8. It was 62 and clear this morning.  We were up early to shower, vacuum and get everything ready.  JB's nephew, wife and three children called a little after 9:00 am.  We drove down to meet them at the gate, then JB drove up with his nephew, pulling a trailer full of wood for us.  I took his wife and children up in my Jeep so we could get there more quickly.  As we were driving, a large turkey hen ran out in front of us, which was so cool.

We had so much fun!  The kids were interested in everything except eating, which didn't keep us adults from stuffing ourselves with hamburgers and Italian sausages with sauerkraut.  We talked, laughed and hiked, then they had to leave at about 5:30 pm.

There was a nice breeze most of the day and our high was 86.

Sunday 7/9. It was 60 and mostly clear with a breeze this morning.  No more guests expected, so it was back to work.  After hanging up the laundry, I split some wood and JB moved it over to the wood shed in four tractor buckets.  He used the weed eater on the north side of the house while I was splitting.  After a rest, I stacked the wood.  Finished the second row and started on the third.

After lunch we both did the same things again, only this time I just split and stacked three bucket loads of wood.

It was a pleasant day with a nice breeze and a high of 84.

Monday 7/10. It is a cool 52 this morning with quite a breeze.  Going to do more splitting today and for many days after. . .

Thought for the day: The most wasted of days is the one without laughter.  E. E. Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment