Monday, July 24, 2017

July 24, 2017 Two Trips Down There & Another Rattler

My extended chicken wall
with the shelf on the left.
The 3' timber rattler who
lost his head.














Friday 7/21. I was able to get everything done Down There and be home before noon.  And, thank goodness, because it was getting HOT.  I ate lunch and then took a two-hour nap.

JB had been busy while I was gone.  He hung up the wash.  Checked out Miss Kitty and found that the two bolts which hold the muffler in were missing.  When I got up from my nap, I helped him to try and re-install the muffler with two bolts we had.  They were the right size, but the threading was wrong.

While describing the flowers in the canyon in my last posting, I forgot to mention the purple asters, which have really multiplied, and the purple thistle that is beginning to bloom.  They are all putting on quite the show.

Our high for the day was a pleasant 74.

Saturday 7/22. It was 60 and clear this morning.  I was up before 7:00 am and on my way to Mrs. Gridders by 7:45 for some garage saling.  Woo Hoo!  We hit several garage sales and three estate sales, both of us finding some great treasures.  It was really HOT Down There, but when in her car, she cranked up the air conditioning and we cooled down while heading for the next stop.  It was so much fun, and we are going to do it again.

I was home before 1:00 pm with my sacks of goodies.  Hanging on the corner of the fence was a huge timber rattler, sans head, that JB and the dogs encountered on their morning walk!  He said that once they saw it on the driveway and it rattled, Jesse disappeared for a good forty-five minutes.

The day was warm Up Here, also, with a high of 82.  But at least we had a nice breeze.

Sunday 7/23. It was 60 and clear again this morning, but became HOT very quickly.  There was only a slight breeze until evening, and our high for the day was 86.  Because of that, we didn't do much outside except take the big "box" off of the rear of the tractor so we can put on the box scraper that JB is going to pick up tomorrow.

I had found a pair of beautiful shelves yesterday and put one up at the end of my "chicken wall" for items that cannot be hung.  I placed the large (empty) Rex Goliath wine bottle on it that the Gridders had given me for part of my birthday present.  (See photo above.)

We puttered around the house and read our books.  I finished one and was able to start one of the four by Steve Barry that I bought yesterday.

Monday 7/24. It is a nice, cool 54 this morning with clear skies, and the house has finally cooled down from yesterday.  JB plans to be on his way by 8:00 to borrow Larry's trailer and pick up the box scraper.  He is also going to pick up two bolts for Miss Kitty from the place that fixed her last year.

Thought for the day: There is no wi-fi in the forest, but I promise you will find a better connection.  Message on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete