Wednesday, July 12, 2017

July 12, 2017 A Critter & A New Refrigerator!

The trailer load of wood JB's
nephew brought up.


Monday 7/10. After laundry and dishes, I split wood while JB mowed the south meadow.  After lunch he moved the wood to the shed in a little over three loads and I stacked it.  Then I split three more loads and stacked them.  We have about 2-1/2 rows now in the wood shed.

Dinga was very interested in my Jeep today, so JB opened the hood and, sure enough, some critter was making a nest on the battery.  He left the hood open for the afternoon, hoping that would urge it to leave.

The temperature didn't even reach 80 today and it was so comfortable.  Our high was just 78.

Tuesday 7/11. It was 52 and clear this morning.  We were out before 9:00 am to get working.  I split wood and JB mowed the last little bit on the south ridge.

When I ordered our refrigerator, I gave specific instructions that the shop was closed on Monday.  So when I called yesterday to trace the shipment, imagine my surprise when they said it was out for delivery!  So they made a note to call me before delivering to set up an appointment.  While I was splitting today, Elsie called at 11:00 to say that the truck was there to deliver!  I said we could be there between 12:00 and 12:30.  The driver agreed to be back by then.

Well, we got there at noon.  The driver arrived at 1:30.  We finally got it all checked out and in our trailer by 2:00 and were home by 3:30 pm.  It was hot Down There, but we had a nice cool breeze at back home and our high for the day was 74.

Getting the refrigerator unloaded was another story.  Fortunately, Larry came up to help and the three of us got it safely into the house.

Turns out the critter in my Jeep is a pack rat.  We couldn't chase it out, so JB put a piece of poison in there for it.  Hopefully it will go somewhere else and die.

Wednesday 7/12. It is 58 and clear this morning.  My brother is coming to breakfast.

Thought for the day: The more real you get, the more unreal the world gets.  John Lennon


No comments:

Post a Comment