Wednesday, July 26, 2017

July 26, 2017 Visiting & Fixing The Road

The box scraper.



Monday 7/24. JB was on his way to pick up the box scraper a little after 8:00 am.  I did daily chores and other projects around the house.  Except for breakfast, I didn't stop til a few minutes before JB returned a little after 1:00 pm.  We unloaded the box scraper with the tractor bucket and a chain, then attached the scraper to the back of the tractor.  Took a while to figure it out, but then it only took a few minutes.

After dinner we re-attached Miss Kitty's muffler with the bolts JB had purchased.  At that point I just wanted to go for a drive.  So I combed my hair, put on some lipstick and a clean shirt, and we hopped in and drove down to visit Larry and Elsie.  Had a nice, relaxing visit and were home by 9:30 pm.


Tuesday 7/25. It was 60 and clear this morning with a light breeze.  After breakfast JB got on the tractor and began fixing the ruts in our driveway.  I took care of the chores, then finished snipping the rest of the branches from the trees we had cut.  Got all the pieces stacked in the shed.

After a late lunch JB was back scraping the road. I walked down to move some of the rocks he had popped out and rake some of the dirt he missed into the ruts.  After less than an hour I had sweat running into my eyes, and JB was getting pretty hot also.  So we quit and just relaxed and read our books til dinner time.

After dinner JB drove the tractor a little more than a quarter mile down the road to work on a corner that always gets muddy and had several ruts.  With just a few passes, it was looking much better.  I drove down in Miss Kitty, moving more loose rocks.

Not much of a breeze today, so the high of 82 was pretty hot and uncomfortable.

Wednesday 7/26. It is 64 this morning with a few light clouds.  I am going Down There to pick up a few groceries and other things.  No dawdling today as it is supposed to be a nasty 96.

Thought for the day: You and you alone are the only person who can live the life that writes the story you were meant to tell.  Kerry Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment