Friday, October 20, 2017

October 20, 2017 Ready For Winter, Including Miss Kitty

Ooops! No pictures this morning.


Friday 10/20. It is 37 with clear skies this morning, and lots of new snow on the mountains.  JB's brother left yesterday afternoon, after three intensely busy days.  When he arrived Monday afternoon, we took down the tipi.

Tuesday morning I had to go Down There to purchase a torque wrench and run a couple other errands.  Then, in a wind gusting to the high 20's, he fixed Miss Kitty.  I was basically his gofer, but by 3:30 pm I was able to drive Miss Kitty home.  Didn't have to shoot her after all.

Wednesday I had to run Down There again for a couple attachments for the torque wrench.  While I was gone, JB's brother started on the kitchen cupboard that needed to be installed.  It had to be cut in the back to fit over one of the poles that sticks out of the wall an inch or so.  Shortly after I returned home, we were able to install it.  Woo Hoo!  I have been wanting that for several years now.  Our kitchen is complete.  Then he did a last minute adjustment to Miss Kitty's wheel with the parts I bought.

Rain fell most of Wednesday night and off and on all day Thursday, so we couldn't get out to cut branch wood in the cradle.  But we did have a nice, relaxing day to just visit.  JB's brother left around 2:30 pm and I made him promise to drive VERY slowly down our road and call when he got to town.  He has a four-wheel drive, but not the required tires for a wet, slick road.  It took him 30 minutes to go the first 2-1/2 miles, but he made it safely down.

JB has his check-up on Monday, but he is doing incredible well.  Just no bending, lifting or twisting for several more weeks.

Thought for the day: I thank God each day for family and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment