Wednesday, October 25, 2017

October 25, 2017 Getting Back To Normal

Rose working on MAX.
The last of our small tomatoes
ripening on the counter.












Monday 10/23. JB passed his after-surgery check-up with flying colors!  They took x-rays & we got to see the "before" and "after", an amazing difference between the two.  He was cleared for a little more activity, but still no bending, lifting more than 8 lbs, or twisting.  His next appointment is 11/21.

The road was a little slick in places, but really not bad at all.  The water had flowed down our driveway right where we wanted it to.  I did some grocery shopping and had to buy a new battery for MAX.

This is really the first day that I have felt like doing everything I had to do without my inner child screaming, "But I don't want to!"

It was another beautiful Fall day with a high of 59, and at least ten degrees warmer Down There.

Tuesday 10/24. It was 38 and clear this morning.  It was a mostly lazy morning of reading the Sunday papers.  JB dried the dishes, as usual, and after I hung up the laundry, we all went for our morning walk.

After lunch I put the new battery in MAX.  Not a complicated job, but the battery is quite heavy and in a very small "box", so it took a while to get the old one out.  When finished, I drove MAX up and around the south ridge, trying to get used to driving him again.  Then we all went on our afternoon walk.

It was another lovely Fall day with a high of 52.

Wednesday 10/25. It is 48 with partly cloudy skies this morning and more dry weather in the forecast.

Thought for the day: My alone time is sometimes for your safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment