Friday, October 6, 2017

October 6, 2017 A Trip Down There & Skunk Season

A squirrel on the porch wood. . .
. . .and at the top of the porch roof.












Wednesday 10/4. This morning we attended to outside details: fixing a loose board on the wood shed, screwing in loose screws on its roof, covering items for the winter, etc.  After lunch I baked cookies, while JB continued working outside.

There was a squirrel on the porch this morning.  When the dogs and I went out, he screamed at us and flew up to the top of the center pole!  Didn't come down til he was sure we were far away.

The juncos have been back for a week or so now.  They seem to come Up Here in early Spring and early Fall.  Our little flock of grouse doesn't come around every day any more, but I see them on our road when I drive down.

It was another beautiful Fall day with a high of 60.

Thursday 10/5. It was 46 with clear skies this morning.  My turn to go Down There.  I was on my way by 9:30 with ten stops on my list.  No big shopping, just a few things here and there.  It became quite warm in town, probably the forecast 69.

My last stop was to visit Larry and Elsie.  They bring their dog to the shop and he wasn't feeling too well today after an encounter with a skunk late last night.  Elsie had to bathe him at 11:00 pm.  It is definitely skunk season.

JB was in the process of changing the oil in the generator when I arrived back home.  And I was soon in the process of taking a nap.  After dinner JB baked a couple loaves of banana bread.  Almost half of one disappeared very quickly.

It was quite warm Up Here today also, with a high of 66.

Friday 10/6. It is 49 with mostly overcast skies and a breeze this morning.  We plan to have a quiet weekend.  The hospital will call this afternoon to notify us of what time we have to be there on Monday morning for his operation.  I don't plan to blog until Tuesday.

Thought for the day: Smile and let everyone know that today you are stronger than you were yesterday.  Drake, singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment