Wednesday, October 4, 2017

October 4, 2017 Green Tomatoes & Details

Pile of large branches from the
sentinel pine tree.



Monday 10/2. By 10:00 am there was lots of blue sky, so I hung out the sheets to dry.  Then I wrapped some birthday and Christmas presents, and packaged them for shipment.

After lunch I drove down to Larry and Elsie's to pick some apples from their tree.  Elsie had picked all they wanted and offered the rest to me before the bears got to them.  Last week she went down to their peach trees to pick them, but the bears had beat her to them.  I must have picked at least 40#!  Most for us to can pie filling, and some for the girls through the winter.  It was much warmer down in the canyon that up at Rose Camp.  Our high for the day was 58.

Our three tomato plants are full, but I doubt this weather is going to allow them to ripen.  We may end up eating fried green tomatoes.  Our son, who lives in Alabama, says anything tastes good if it's fried - especially in bacon fat.

Tuesday 10/3. It was 40 with blue sky this morning.  The girls love their warm oatmeal for breakfast.

JB left for Down There around 9:00 am for his quarterly appointment at the pace-maker clinic.  He took the trailer that we had loaded with all our scrap metal yesterday, including the propane dryer.

I just relaxed until it was time for our morning walk at 10:30.  It was such a glorious Fall morning!  Crisp and brilliant.  When we arrived back at the house, I gave the dogs their treats, then finished hauling the rest of the huge branches from the sentinel pine tree to the wood cradle.  Inside I attended to a lot of details that never get done when I am concentrating on larger projects.

JB was home by 1:30 pm with lots of mail and papers to read.  Our high for the day was 57.

Wednesday 10/4. It is 42 this morning with a few light, pink clouds in the blue sky, as the sun sleeps in a little longer each day.

Thought for the day: I can choose to be right or to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment