Monday, October 30, 2017

October 30, 2017 A Trip Down There & A Day With Miss Kitty

Tamaracks sporting their Fall colors
on the north side of Mission Rdg.
Birthday present for
my brother.





















Friday 10/27. Dinga's leg is much better this morning.  Not sure what she did to it.

I was on my way Down There by 9:00 am on another incredible Fall morning.  Had eleven stops and was back home by 2:00 pm.  When I bought more chicken feed, I also bought a hay hook to help move the bales off the root cellar.  It worked great when I got home and had to put all the dog and chicken feed away.  They are full up now.

The mail filled up the bag I brought for it.  Tis the season for catalogs!

The girls have only been giving us one egg a day for several weeks now.  The younger ones are molting, so that is probably why.

Am so enjoying these sunny, Fall days.  Our high today was 62.

Saturday 10/28. It was 40 with clear skies again this morning.  Another incredible day, with a high of 60.

My project for the day was to defrost the fridge and freezer.  First time for the freezer with this new refrigerator.  Not nearly as much ice as I thought there was.  I also vacuumed underneath it, cleaned the backside and the burner.

Thanks to the books at the Dollar Store, I think I am set for the winter.  Amazing that I can find so many good ones there.

JB continues to get better and better.  He goes for at least two walks a day, and often three, with a shorter one after dinner.  Of course, soon it will be too dark to enjoy that one.

Sunday 10/29. It was 48 with clear skies this morning, and a little breeze.  After chores, I spent most of the day driving around in Miss Kitty.  I found out yesterday that my brother won't be up for his birthday and probably not again until Spring.  So I took both his birthday and Christmas present down to his cabin and took photos of them for him.

Then I drove down to visit with the Gridders and pick up our mail.  Both Mr. and Mrs. Gridder were getting ready to go up to their twenty mountain acres at the top of the canyon that they had purchased last year.  I drove up also, as I had never seen their cabin and small hay-bale house.  Wow! The view from their place is phenomenal!

What a great day!  Weatherwise we had a high of 59, warm in the sun and chilly in the shade.  And such a fun time with the Gridders. 

Monday 10/30. It is a chilly 34 this morning and the sky is clear.  Cold weather and possible snow is in the forecast for the end of the week.

JB is going to turn 75 on Wednesday!

Thought for the day: My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment