Friday, November 10, 2017

November 10, 2017 More Snow!


Our winter wonderland.
(We are wondering why
it is winter so soon.)



Wednesday 11/8. I was on my way Down There by 8:30 am in JB's Jeep.  It took me 50 minutes to get to the pavement.  I had 14 stops on my list and didn't get back home til 4:05 pm.  The stores weren't so terribly busy, but the traffic looked like the day before Thanksgiving!  By the time I was on my way home, the Jeep was packed to the gills.

I almost didn't make it back up the main canyon road, as there had been a few vehicles already driving in the snow and it was packed down and slick.  Once I got onto our road, there was no problem, except for one part of our driveway.  By the sound of the forecast, that was probably my last trip up in the Jeep.

With me gone for so long, JB hadn't used his best judgement on what he could and could not do, so he was hurting.  He took some meds while I got the car unloaded and leftovers in the oven.  A glass of wine and a couple episodes of Major Crimes was all I could manage for the evening, so the none-refrigerated groceries did not get put away.

Our high for the was was 32 and by 7:30 pm snow was falling.

Thursday 11/9. We woke up to a temp of 30, snow still falling and five inches of new, wet snow on the ground.  I fed the animals.  Got dressed and trudged up to the panels to clean them off, then swept off the porch and brought in the fire wood, finishing the first row in the wood shed.

The snow began to let up before 10:00 am and by the time we all went on our morning walk, the fog had moved in.  Just after we returned to the house, snow began falling again.  And so the day went - snow, fog, snow, fog - until about 3:00 pm when the snow stopped for good after dropping another 1-1/4".  By 4:00 pm, we could see some blue sky and the fog had slipped down into the canyons and valleys.

After putting all the groceries away and eating lunch, I got the snow thrower out and started it.  JB was able to do most of the clearing of the snow, as basically one just pushes levers and follows it.  Dinga was ecstatic and wore herself out jumping up after the thrown snow.  I cleared the snow off all the vehicles, then finished up clearing a path to the north ridge with the snow thrower.

Our high for the day was a pleasant 34.

Friday 11/10. It is 30 and partly cloudy this morning with valley fog.

Thought for the day: Faith is a firm trust and conviction that sometimes if God doesn't give you what you think you want, it's not because you don't deserve it, but because you deserve better.  David A. R. White

No comments:

Post a Comment