Friday, November 3, 2017

November 3, 2017 Heaven Has Another Angel

Deer must have had a midnight
snack on the last of my
petunias.



Wednesday 11/1. We were out a little after 9:00 to work on MAX.  I was able to get the screw off the second lug, and the third lug seated.  The rain moved in before 10:00, much earlier than predicted, but we got the extender back on MAX and all ready to put on the wheel before it was just raining too much.  I covered everything back up and brought in the fire wood.

At 10:30 I lay down for what turned out to be a two-hour nap.  When I woke up, the sun was shining, but, no, I did not run right out to the the wheel on MAX.

We started watching The Closer at the beginning of the month and just finished the seventh season last night.  Jumped right in to Major Crimes tonight.

Randy called today.  He lives near Bonner's Ferry, ID, and they are supposed to receive two feet of snow by Friday, and it has already started falling.  We are due for some snow also, just not that much.

Thursday 11/2. It was 34 and mostly clear this morning with a wind gusting to 15 mph.  There was another huge cloud bank coming in from the southwest.

After morning chores, we got out to put the wheel on MAX, but it just wouldn't fit no matter what we did.  So I finished up Miss Kitty.  Had to take the wheel off and tighten the castle nut to 200 foot pounds with the torque wrench that Gridder had loaned us.  Got that done and everything closed up again just as small snow flakes began to fall.

That turned out to be just a short squall, the first of a few.  The one that moved through at 4:00 pm actually turned the ground white, but again, lasted only about fifteen minutes.  By 5:00 pm, we had lots of blue sky.

I received a phone call just before 4:00 pm from the daughter-in-law of my Mom's best friend, Pat, with whom I had stayed in touch.  In fact I just talked to her last week.  Monday was Pat's 93rd birthday, but on Tuesday she had pneumonia that filled her lungs up very quickly.  She was having such a hard time breathing that she said it was time to go, and took off the oxygen mask.  I have known her since I was in the ninth grade, and she was absolutely the most genuinely nice person I have ever known, and had a great sense of humor.  Heaven has another angel.  I am sure my Mother was there to greet her.

Friday 11/3. It is 26 and overcast this morning with a very light, fine snowfall.  It is also snowing in Seattle.

Thought for the day: Sometimes we must hurt in order to grow.  Sometimes we must fail in order to know.  Sometimes we must lose in order to gain.  Because sometimes lessons in life are best learned through pain.  Seen on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment