Wednesday, November 8, 2017

November 8,2017 Deer & Elk & A Cougar, Oh My!

The mountains Saturday morning.


Monday 11/6. By 9:00 am we could see patches of blue sky.  The sun was shining & the valley fog had disappeared.

Other than normal winter chores and putting the handles on my new kitchen cabinet, I took the day off.  So did JB.  I started a new book and JB continued reading the one I gave him for his birthday, Origins by Dan Brown.

Clouds began moving back in and by 4:00 pm, the sky was overcast.  But as darkness settled in, the clouds moved on and the stars came out.  Our high for the day was 28.

Tuesday 11/7. This morning was 21 and overcast.  After morning chores, we all went for a walk.  There were elk and deer tracks on the south ridge and going up to the peak.  There were cougar tracks going down the drive from the south ridge.  Big cougar tracks.

After lunch I took the snow blower out of the shop and did some practicing with it.  Of course, this is Dinga's favorite "toy".  She jumps up trying to catch the snow, and by the time I was done, she was almost completely white!

It was a very dark day, during which I expected to see snow falling every time I looked or went outside, but I never did.  More snowfall is forecast for tomorrow.  Our high for the day was 24.

Wednesday 11/8. It is 22 and overcast this morning.  I plan to be on my way Down There by 8:30.

Thought for the day: Do not compare your growth with anyone else's.  The only person you are competing with is who you were yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment