Wednesday, December 13, 2017

December 13, 2017 Fog, Christmas Decorating & Sleeping

It's beginning to look a lot
like Christmas!


Monday 12/11. Fog. Fog. Fog. And it is really getting old!  Yesterday I drove Miss Kitty down to pick up the mail and send some birthday cards.  Stopped in to see the Gridders and Larry and Elsie.  Nice, short visits.  They were all underneath the low clouds.

Today I finally got out the Christmas decorations and put some up.  Am putting fewer up this year, just because.  I did put a few more outside than usual.

JB baked two beautiful, delicious loaves of pumpkin bread.  Yum!

My decision to stop eating or drinking anything but water by 8:00 pm was the perfect one for better sleep.  I am getting more sleep than I have in years!  Even though I have to set the alarm for 1:30 am, in order to get up and put in another fire on these frigid nights.

Our foggy high for today was 22 again.

These moonless, foggy nights are really dark.  Feels so cozy to be inside with a fire going.

Tuesday 12/12.  The temp was down to 16 this morning, and we were still surrounded by fog, or clouds, or whatever.

I got all the Christmas packages and cards ready to mail when I go Down There tomorrow.  Well, everyone's except Sandy's, because she opens everything the day she receives it.

The tree and rose-bush branches are sagging under the weight of the rime which continues to build up each day.  Many of the wild flower stalks are almost on the ground.  The fog and low clouds cleared away just before 4:00 pm and we could see the high clouds and small patches of blue sky beyond.  All this just in time for sunset.  Mother Nature is such a tease.

Our high for the day was 22 again.

Wednesday 12/13. We have BLUE SKY this morning!  Woo Hoo!!  Them temp is 21 with a forecast high in town of 30.  I hope to be on my way Down There by 9:00 am.

Thought for the day: Each moment you choose love over fear is a miracle. . . When you choose to perceive love over fear, life begins to flow.  Gabrielle Bernstein

No comments:

Post a Comment