Wednesday, December 6, 2017

December 6, 2017 Beautiful Sunny Days

Daily preparation to
stay warm.
Whoa! Runaway firewood sled!















Monday 12/4. I had a nice long chat with Sandy this morning.  Always such a great start to my day.

After laundry, dishes and breakfast, I packed the Christmas gifts in preparation for mailing.  Still working on the one for our son and daughter-in-law, but I am way ahead of where I usually am this time of the season.  Will start getting decorations up by the weekend.

Since we don't have enough snow on the ground to make sides for a run for the firewood sled, it often gets away from me and runs for its freedom.  It made it almost to the tractor this morning (see above).

JB used the snowblower to clear in front of the house a bit, to Dinga's delight.  Not sure who enjoys it more, JB or Dinga.

I tried a new recipe today for bourbon brownies.  Yummmmm!

The clouds had pretty much disappeared by noon and we had another sunny day, with a high of 28.

Tuesday 12/5. It was 28 and clear this morning.  Still working on our son's Christmas gift, then I have two more to make.

I have been taking melatonin to help me sleep for more than a year now, and realized that I have been just taking it way too often.  So for the past several nights I have been trying the advice of not eating too late.  We love to nibble on snacks while watching our evening programs, but you really shouldn't eat two hours before you go to bed.  Well, I made 8:00 pm my cut-off time (about 1-1/2 hours before crawling between the sheets), and it seems to be working.  Wasn't sure I could do it because I do love to eat, but the promise of a good night's sleep was motivation enough.

Another wonderous day on the mountain, with a high of 37.

Wednesday 12/6. It is 28 and clear again this morning with air stagnation warnings for the rest of the week.  I plan to drive Miss Kitty down to pick up the mail today.  Won't be going to town for another week.

Thought for the day: Anything that is in the world when you are born is normal and ordinary, just a natural part of the way the world works.  Anything that's invented between when you're 15 and 35 is new and exciting and revolutionary.  Anything invented after you're 35 is against the natural order of things.  Douglas Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment