Friday, December 15, 2017

December 15, 2017 Sun, A Trip Down There & More Fog

Wednesday morning's blue sky
looking west from the loft.


Wednesday 12/13. I was on my way Down There by 9:00 am on a glorious, sunny morning!  Amazing, the sun on all the rimed landscape.  It was a beautiful but cold trip with ten stops on my list.  I got everything done and was home by 3:00 pm.  Of course, in the winter there is always the time-consuming job of getting everything out of Miss Kitty and into the Jeep.  Then getting more of everything out of the Jeep and into Miss Kitty.  Today my list included filling three 5-gallon containers of non-ethanol gas, which was my last stop.  My first stop was at the post office where I mailed all our Christmas cards and packages to the tune of $66!  One of the items on my list was to stop in and visit Larry and Elsie, which was the best stop of the day.  

Each day we were in the fog/clouds, the rime continued to build on all available surfaces.  Am sure it created more than another inch of "snow" on top of the snow.  A friend of Larry & Elsie's who lives on the other side of the Columbia River on Badger Mountain, told them that he has so much rime that he was going frost-mobiling today!

By the time I left for town, our temperature was already up to 28.  Our high for the day was 34.  When I arrived back home, much of the rime had disappeared from the trees.

Since we bought several TV series that we had wanted, we are going to alternate nights with Boston Legal and Castle Season 6, which we started this evening. We might even throw in a movie or two.

Thursday 12/14. It was 24 this morning and the fog was back.  A very fine snow fell for about an hour mid morning.  The fog receded and we were in between the low clouds and the high valley fog for a while.  Until the fog returned.

Larry and Elsie were going their grandson's school play this evening and wouldn't be home til late, so I drove down about 2:30 pm to put another fire in each of their two stoves.  Played with the dog and cats, and stay about 1-1/2 hours to be sure the fires were going well.

The fog and clouds can be so weird.  Driving down, I was in the fog/clouds until about 100 yards from their house.  Driving back up, there was no fog at all until I got home, and as I looked back down it was as though the fog had followed me almost all the way up.

Friday 12/15.  It is 24 and once again, we are fogged in.  Well, that's okay because it's only ten days til Christmas!

Thought for the day: Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on far too long.  Ogden Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment