Wednesday, December 20, 2017

December 20, 2017 Eggnog, Marbles & Snow

Tuesday's snow.
Looking down to the house from
the south ridge on our Tuesday
afternoon walk.


Monday 12/18.  I was on my way Down There at 9:00 and home by 2:00 pm.  Got everything done, including a stop at the hospital to visit my cousin who was rushed there last night, having suffered a stroke.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but she looked good and may be able to go home by Wednesday, thank goodness.

It was another warm day, with a high Up Here of 40.  Larry and Elsie drove up to visit and play marbles after dinner.  So much fun!  The first game, Elsie could do no wrong and we really creamed the guys.  The second game was a long one that came down to one roll of the dice.  Snow was just beginning to fall as they left around 7:30 pm.

Tuesday 12/19. We awoke to 4" of new snow and it was still coming down.  By noon, we had two more inches and it snowed all day until about 4:00 pm.  Maybe another inch by then.  JB cleaned the panels off on the morning walk.  After lunch, we got out the snow blower and he spent about an hour clearing pathways.

Eggnog in my coffee, a paper to read and falling snow to watch.  Mornings just don't get much better than that. . .

I baked the rest of the chocolate zinger dough, forgetting the moose and going for a simple round cookie.  Then I tried a recipe of JB's Mom's for a pan brown sugar cookie covered with melted chocolate.  Absolutely decadent!!  

I took the dogs on their afternoon walk, slogging through the snow.  Don't walk as far in winter weather, but sure get as much exercise.  And, speaking of exercise, rolling out the cooled cookie dough and cutting the cookies really works the abs and biceps.  My abs were still sore from Sunday's baking!

I better not wake up to more snow in the morning, because if it is too deep for Miss Kitty I'll have to take MAX or walk down to the Gridders'!  And for Star Wars: The Last Jedi, I will!

Wednesday 12/20. It is 22 this morning with mostly clear skies.  Frigid temps are in the forecast for the next several days.  Doesn't matter because I'm going to see Star Wars today!

Thought for the day: Adopting a dog or cat may not change the world, but for that one animal, the world will change forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment