Friday, December 22, 2017

December 22, 2017 Star Wars & Winter Solstice

Setting sun from south ridge on
winter solstice afternoon.



Wednesday 12/20. Had to feed the dogs & chickens, wash the dishes, hang the laundry and take a shower before I could leave for the movie.  Was on my way early, a little after 11:00 am, because of the 7" of snow we received yesterday.  At a couple places along the road, Miss Kitty was indicating that I really should have put the chains on, but I made it down to Gridders' in plenty of time.  It was snowing when I left, but blue sky prevailed by the time I was half-way down.

I have been an avid Star Wars fan for forty years now, and it is my opinion that The Last Jedi is absolutely phenomenal!  Am so very glad that Carrie Fisher was able to film everything before her passing.  All the new characters have been well chosen, and I can hardly wait to buy this film and watch it again and again and again.

Driving back up the mountain was a bit of a challenge without chains, but I made it in about 45 minutes and was home at 5:00 pm.  While I was gone, JB had driven MAX up and around the south ridge a couple times, which makes it so much easier to walk there now.  Our high Up Here was 28.

Thursday 12/21. Winter solstice began with a frigid temp of 22 and partly cloudy skies.  But we are now on our journey back to the light!  Woo Hoo!

Was still on a high from the movie, but lots of things to get done.  Am behind on the laundry, so more of that today.  Plus we had to get the chains on Miss Kitty.  We are both going Down There tomorrow so JB can get some Christmas shopping done.  I'll go visit Larry and Elsie.

We got the chains on the front tires, but no way would they go on the rear tires that are wider than the front.  We had been able to get them on the older tires, but not these new ones.  I think we'll be okay though.

An icy breeze accompanied the dogs and I on our afternoon walk.  It had been mostly cloudy all day, but very bright.  Our high for the day was 28 again.

Friday 12/22. It is a frigid 20 this morning with overcast skies.  We hope to be on our way Down There by 9:00 am.

Thought for the day: Your freedom is the most expensive thing you own, even if you didn't pay for it yourself.  Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment