Friday, August 10, 2018

August 10, 2018 Who Let The Crazies Out?!

No photo today.


Wednesday 8/8. On my way Down There this morning I rolled a couple large rocks back off the road.  The bears had obviously turned them over looking for grubs and other bugs.  By the time I was out of the doctor's office the smoke was drifting down the river and into town.  Don't know who let the crazies out this morning!  These people must have stayed out in the hot sun too long and fried their brains.  Unbelievable!

I did a few errands and got back home as soon as possible.  Stopped by Mrs. Gridder's to get a hug from a sane person!  Even the grouse were were having issues.  One of them kept running in front of me, flying up and landing back on the road.  Finally I just pulled around and passed it.

Another hot day with a high of 89.  I drove down to Larry and Elsie's to water and feed about 6:00 pm.

Thursday 8/9. It was 72 with a thick, smokey haze this morning and no air movement.  Made my morning run down to water before 8:00 am while it was still in the mid-70's.

Finished reading Nicholas Spark's The Choice.  I love his books and they are a nice break between the murder and mayhem I usually read.  Then I started to re-read Spy Mom by Beth McMullen.  More murder and mayhem but with a great sense of humor.  Very entertaining in a completely different way than Mr. Sparks.

Our high for the day was 93.  Just too hot!  The only thing one can do in this heat is just get through it.  I waited til 6:30 to go down and water.  Many cool stretches on the drive down and back up.

Friday 8/10. The night didn't cool off much and it is 78 this morning with a thick haze and a few clouds.  A cold front is supposed to move in this evening bringing thunder storms.  I plan to leave at 8:30 to water and feed, then JB will be down around 9:30 to pick me up.  He has a doctor's appointment this morning to follow up with his broken rib and I plan to do some grocery shopping.

Thought for the day: Sometimes you're the bug.  Sometimes you're the windshield.

No comments:

Post a Comment