Wednesday, August 15, 2018

August 15, 2018 Smoke & More Smoke

My "new" clothes pin bag.
Smoke to the south. . .
. . .and the north
(where it is coming from)















Monday 8/13. Our overcast this morning was more smoke than clouds.  Really hard to tell the difference any more.  If summer smoke season is going to be the new norm, it is a sad state of affairs.

JB and I played three games of cribbage last night.  As far as who won, let's just say I was on a roll and there was the smell of skunk. . .

I pulled weeds and encroaching rose sprouts in the gravel area and JB used the weed eater behind the shop.  He really seems to be able to do a lot things that I find rather unlikely.  He's no worse the wear for it though.

We all went on a morning walk, well, except for Jesse who seems to be more interested in the treat that comes at the end of it than the walk itself.

I broke small branches into kindling off and on during the day, and JB drove them to the wood shed where I stacked them.  He also took a huge load of pulled and cut weeds, and dumped them over the west side.

Our high for the day was a pleasant 76, except for the smoke.

Tuesday 8/14. It was 60 and still smokey this morning with no air movement.  No wind or breeze is good for the firefighters, but not so good for the air quality.

I drove Down There to do some errands, get a few groceries and fill up the three diesel cans.  Stopped by Elsie's on the way home and she gave us a large salmon!  One of the many they had caught at the lake.  

When putting away some items in the loft, I noticed that the mice had chewed their way into two bags of chips.  I have become rather lax at keeping all such foods in plastic containers.  Got that situation fixed!

With everything moved out of the way so the trees can come down tomorrow, our "yard" looks very open and empty.

While on our last garage saling expedition, I found a cute clothes-pin bag along with a life-time's supply of clothes pins for just $5.  (See photo above.)  I have quite literally worn out the bag that my Aunt Nene gave to me.

JB baked the salmon that Elsie gave us for dinner with lemon slices and dill weed.  Delicious!

Our high for the day was 80 with lots of smoke.  Even worse in town.

Wednesday 8/15. It is 68 and still smokey this morning.  I will be driving down to the pavement to meet the men who will be cutting down our trees this morning.  It is going to look so very different Up Here.

Thought for the day: Another wine bottle with no genie at the bottom.  I'll keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment