Friday, August 31, 2018

August 31, 2018 Love My New Yard!

My swing moved to the yard.












Wednesday 8/29. We were out early to scoop up all the piles of fir cones with the tractor bucket and dump them over the west side.  Then we moved the swing from overlooking the west ridge to the front yard.  It was a great view of the mountains, but we just rarely used it.  We also moved two of the benches to the front yard for Sunday seating.

JB made stakes for the Rose Camp signs that I will post on our road, as we have two new families coming to the BBQ this year.  One of them just bought land Up Here this summer and plans to live there year round.

I love my new, huge yard!  And especially the swing.  Also the fact that we are no longer parking the vehicles in the yard, but across the driveway.

The wind picked up just after 1:00 pm and our high for the day was 80, although it didn't feel that warm.

Thursday 8/30. It was 52 with clear skies and a breeze this morning.  Now we are into projects specifically for Sunday's BBQ.  I made the signs to post on our road tomorrow when I go Down There grocery shopping.  I also baked peanut-butter/chocolate-chip cookies.

We finished building a short fence on the north side of the yard by the drive.  And JB moved the trailer back up where we usually keep it except for fire season (which is right by the porch).

My Aunt Nene and her friend canned 37 quarts of her famous dill pickles early this week!  That woman just doesn't stop!

Our high for the day was a lovely 74 and it remained breezy all day.  I love my swing in the yard and I am sure I will be enjoying sitting on it every day now.

Friday 8/31. It is 48 this morning with a few clouds to the east and some more barely peeking over the mountains.  It's going to be a busy and fun weekend.

Thought for the day: Buddha was not a Buddhist.  Jesus was not a Christian.  Muhammad was not a Muslim.  They were Teachers who taught Love.  Love was their religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment